Our relationship with the Mazilly family in Burgundy is now spread over three generations: firstly with Pierre, then his son Frederic and now his grandson Aymeric.
A family business to its core, Domaine Mazilly, of Bourgogne, are French winemakers with roots that stem back to the 1950’s.Their domaine of 18 hectares is firmly based in the Hautes-Cotes de Beaune, but has gradually spread over the years to include vineyards in many of the best-known villages of the Cote including Gevrey-Chambertin, Beaune, Volnay, Pommard, Meursault and Savigny. Mazilly represent fantastic value for money with a great portfolio of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay worth discovering,
They produce grapes of the highest quality at their terroir driven vineyard plantings, the family truly represents Burgundy’s finest in winemaking. Expertly crafted to create concentrated and complex wines with a perfect marriage of flavours and aromas, the family make bottles of wine that consistently win notable awards such as the Concours des Grands Vins de France.
Explore The Range
Hautes Côtes de Beaune Rouge, Vieilles Vignes, Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2022£18.89 Mix 12£20.99 list priceSave £2.10
Hautes Cotes de Beaune Blanc Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2020£20.69 Mix 12£22.99 list priceSave £2.30
Savigny les Beaune 1er Cru, Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2020£28.79 Mix 12£31.99 list priceSave £3.20
Volnay, Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2021£34.19 Mix 12£37.99 list priceSave £3.80
Pommard “Les Noizons”, Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2020£40.49 Mix 12£44.99 list priceSave £4.50
Meursault “Les Meurgers” Blanc Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2022£43.19 Mix 12£47.99 list priceSave £4.80
Gevrey-Chambertin Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2021£44.99 Mix 12£49.99 list priceSave £5.00
Meursault 1er Cru Les Charmes Mazilly, Burgundy, France 2019£58.49 Mix 12£64.99 list priceSave £6.50 Read more
The award-winning wines of Domaine Mazilly are made with only the very best grapes grown in conditions that fully optimise both their flavour and aromatic potential. Each grape variety used in their wines has its own quality and these qualities are key to making a variety of wines with differing profiles, each reflecting its terroir beautifully.
The vineyards house two types of grape:
- Pinot Noir. A grape grown all over the world, but famously associated with the winemaking of Burgundy, Dormaine Mazilly grows a Pinot Noir grape of the highest quality, befitting of the region’s reputation. Used to make their range of red wines, the Pinot Noir grapes provide pungent aromas of cherry and black fruits. Often described as romantic wines, Pinot Noir wines will typically be dry and light to medium bodied, with bright acidity and silky tannins.
- Chardonnay is another staple of Burgundy, this grape is fundamental to the white wines made by Domaine Mazilly. Much like the Pinot Noir, the family Vineyards produce the finest Chardonnay grapes, with conditions perfectly suited to grow fruit capable of producing fine wines of complexity and persistance.
The Chardonnay made by this winery is truly special and is the showpiece of many awards the family have won. Their Chardonnays range from dry and mellow to having exceptional depth, complexity combined with seamless oak integration.
Both the Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grown in the vineyards of the Domaine Mazilly are of a quality that make it clear why Bourgogne is seen as their home. Distinct flavours that come through with a punch, while maintaining a balance on the palate is what makes the two grapes so special.
Using the very best grapes, each with their own natural qualities, the winery makes outstanding reds and whites.
Each bottle sold by Domaine Mazilly is the result of perfect combinations and balanced flavours, making them some of the finest wines on the market.
Fine Wines Direct UK are pleased to offer a range of their wines, which are described below.
- Meursault “Les Meurgers”. This wine has a distinct golden yellow colour which carries perfectly into a summer aesthetic at the dining table. With hints of toasted nuts and ripe fruit, this rich and luxurious wine is perfectly served with white meat.
- Hautes Cotes de Beaune Blanc. A classic white Burgundy with crisp acidity, this wine has hints of pure citrus fruits combined with good minerality. This wine perfectly pairs with fish such as halibut and brings a beautiful balance to a dish of pasta with a heavy cream sauce.
- Meursault 1er Cru Les Charmes. A golden touch to the colour with the aroma of warm toasted hazelnut, sweet fruits and melted butter, this wine introduces seamless oak integration to polish a minerally-dry finish onto a wine that speaks to the rewards of co-ordinated complexity. A sophisticated wine like this deserves nothing less than to be paired with a dish of grilled lobster or delicately poached salmon.
Pinot Noir Wines:
- Hautes Cotes de Beaune Rouge. This wine is of fruity aroma, with the scent of cherry and sharp raspberry. With undertones of liquorice, there is a pleasant savoury element to the wine. This wine is best served with French cuisine such as Coq au Vin or any rich dish with deep flavours.
- Savigny les Beaune 1er Cru. A wine of ripe flavour, opening this bottle releases sweet berry aromas with a complementary deep cherry colour. There is an excellent length to this wine and it is simplicity at its best. The wine is best accompanied with beef or roasted game bird.
- Volnay: Notes of cherry, currant and cooked prune formed together with perfect complexity as well as the ruby shine off the glass make it a true gem of indulgence. This pairs perfectly with rich meat dishes such as stew or tagine.
- Gevrey-Chambertin. Velvet tannins and powerful flavours, this red wine combined strawberry, blackberry and floral aromas of violet and rose, with the slightly savoury hit of liquorice to add a little refinement. This wine is unreservedly best served with a classic dish of Boeuf Bourguignon. A true representation of French fine dining.
- Pommard “Les Noizons”. Pepper, berries, liquorice and black fruits make this wine dark in colour with matching deep indulgent flavours. Best enjoyed with red meats, this wine provides the perfect match to heavy culinary flavours.
Why buy from Fine Wines Direct UK?
Fine Wines Direct UK brings this whole range to our customers online, as well as many other fine wines across the world. We supply wines from those who cherish the work they do in the vineyard, using the best ingredients in their bottles, with Domaine Mazilly a great example of the quality companies we work with.
We have a combined experience of over 100 years here at Fine Wines Direct UK, so it’s safe to say that you are in good hands when you choose to buy wine from us. Our team works incredibly hard to source wonderful wines that cater to every budget and palate.
We have cultivated close working relationships with wine producers and vineyard owners across the globe, and are able to source wine that may not otherwise be found in the UK. If you would prefer to buy in person rather than online, our expert team will be happy to assist you at our shop in Cardiff, South Wales.