Saturday May 13, 2023 at Fine Wines Direct UK (242 Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF11 8TU) from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
The price is £159.00 per person which is inclusive (includes Study Guide, spirit samples, tuition and exam). A WSET certificate and pin is awarded upon passing the exam.
A beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits.
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste, to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin. The qualification discusses:
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- 1.Please provide your email address as the WSET may contact you.During the qualification, you will have access to:
- i)WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits Study Guide
- ii)spirits to sample together on the day of the course
- iii)Dedicated WSET course Educator to provide the course on the day with a tasting of spirits (using the WSET systematic approach to tasting), learning exercises and feedback
- iv)Upon passing the exam, candidates will receive the WSET Level 1 Award in spirits certificate and lapel pin
- v)Here is the specification for the WSET Level 1 Award in spirits: wset_l1spirits_spec_en_jun2022_issue21.pdf (wsetglobal.com)
- Please read the BOOKING CONDITIONS.
- WSET Level 1 Award in spirits Policies:
- 1.Special considerations and/or reasonable adjustments must be communicated 5 weeks before the start of the qualification
- 2.Cancellation policy:
- i) Must cancel exam 10 working days before exam (to have the exam refund)
- ii) Must cancel 10 working days before the start of the course (however if you have received the Study Guide etc.), this will not be refunded
- iii) If the dates of the qualification are changed, a refund will be made available (deducting the Study Guide etc. sent) or you have the choice to agree to the new date/s in which case there will be no refund
- iv) If we need to change the delivery method of a course which has already been advertised, we will inform you and you will be given the opportunity to either: a) agree to the new delivery method or b) be given the option to receive a refund in line with the current cancellation policy (deducting the Study Guide etc. sent)
- Please read below: i) Please email your full name (which matches your Photo ID)
- ii) Please email your date of birth
- If you are happy to receive emails from us about qualifications/events etc., please indicate yes
- Please ensure to read the Students Declaration below:
- STUDENTS DECLARATION: I have read and understand the booking conditions including the policies and Terms & Conditions as well as the policy on cancellations, refunds and transfers. I understand that Wine For Life Learning qualifications (WFLL) and courses are subject to minimum numbers and WFLL reserves the right to change tutors, reschedule, cancel, close or combine courses if necessary. I understand that I am required to present authorised photographic identification at all examinations and may be refused entry to aN EXAMINATION IF NOT PRODUCED.