Terms & Conditions
BOOKING A COURSE:
1. Full payment must accompany the booking via our website; we do not accept provisional bookings and places will be confirmed once payment is received.
2. By booking a course via our website you agree to the student declaration on the product description.
3. Cancellations of confirmed places are accepted up to 10 working days prior to the start of the course. An administration fee of 25 pounds + the full cost of the study materials supplied will be deducted and the remainder of the course fee refunded to the payee.
4. Transfers of a confirmed booking either to another course or applicant can be made up to 10 working days before the course start date on payment of a 25 pound administration fee + the cost of any additional study materials which may be applicable. Transfers cannot be carried forward to the next academic year.
5. If a confirmed course booking is cancelled during the 10 working days prior to the start of the course, or at any time after the start of the course, no refund or transfer of the course fees will be made.
6. Examination dates are fixed to the course onto which you book and any transfer to an alternative date will incur an administration fee of 25 pounds. All transfer requests must be made in writing or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 10 working days before the original examination date.
7. Course fees will be refunded in full if Fine Wines Direct UK changes a course date or cancels a course if enrolments do not reach the required minimum numbers; notification will be made in the 10 working days prior to the planned start date of the course.
8. Please note all transfers are subject to availability on alternative course/examination dates.
9. Failure to attend booked examinations will result in the student being liable to subsequent examination fees. Resit examinations are not included in the fee.
9.1 Resit examination fees are as follows:
Level 1 Wines – £55.00
Level 2 Wines – £75.00
Level 3 Wines – £69.00 Theory
Level 3 Wines – £32.00 Tasting
10. Students requiring special examination conditions must submit their request before starting the course. Such requests must be supported by a Doctor’s certificate or similar document.
11. I understand that I am required to present authorised photographic identification at all examinations and may be refused entry to an examination if not produced.
12. Your details may be used by us to keep you informed of the course on which you have registered. We never pass our customer’s details to other parties. We send information by email, so please ensure you have entered your email address.
13. By booking a course, you consent to sharing your relevant data with the WSET for the purposes of the WSET examining and awarding qualifications and making associated communications.
14. If you are booking an Online course, please ensure you read the policies specific to the course.