Showing all 4 results
Dr Loosen Riesling Estate, Mosel, Germany 2021£12.59 Mix 12£13.99 list priceSave £1.40
Allan Scott Riesling Marlborough New Zealand 2021£13.49 Mix 12£14.99 list priceSave £1.50
Thorn-Clarke, Eden Valley, Single Vineyard Selection, Riesling, Australia 2019£13.99 Sale£16.99Save
Buy Riesling from Fine Wines Direct UK
We’re proud to stock a fantastic range of Riesling wine . Come visit us at our Cardiff shop – we’re based on Penarth Road. Our friendly experts can’t wait to help you find the perfect bottle.
Or order online and get free delivery when you spend over £150 – plus 10% when you order 12 or more bottles.
Why go anywhere else for your next bottle of wine?
Types of Riesling
Riesling has four distinct classifications:
- The ideal ageing period for this kind of wine is between five and 15 years. An example of a dry style of Riesling is Alsace.
- Many Rieslings have some level of sweetness – German ones are among the sweetest. Sweet Rieslings can be aged between 10 and 30 years. Kabinett is the lightest style of Riesling, and ranges in style from dry to off-dry. On the other end of the scale, Auslese (which means ‘select harvest)’ is super-sweet.
- Semi-sweet. These fall somewhere in between sweet and dry. Semi-sweet wines are best aged between 10 and 20 years.
Sparkling. Named ‘sekt’ in Germany, sparkling Riesling is still incredibly popular in the country.
Where is Riesling grown and produced?
Riesling grapes thrive in cool climates and slate soils, which can be found in these countries:
- A large portion of German Riesling is produced in Mosel Valley. It is also grown in other regions such as Rheingau and Pfalz.
- United States. German winemakers began migrating to the US in the late 1800s – as a result, Riesling is now produced in states including Washington and Michigan.
- Riesling is successfully produced in Australia despite the country’s hot climate. Originally produced by Silesian settlers, it is now produced in a number of regions including Clare Valley, Eden Valley and Barossa Valley.
France. Winemakers have been producing Riesling in the Alsace region of France since the late 1400s. More than a fifth of vineyards on the west bank of the Upper Rhine grow Riesling grapes.
What kind of Riesling does Fine Wines Direct UK offer?
We are proud to offer an eclectic range of the world’s best Riesling wines.
Dr Loosen Riesling Estate, Mosel, Germany 2020
This German Riesling by Dr Loosen is juicy and refreshing, with zippy acidity – balanced with the bright flavours of pear, lime, and apricot. This wine is beautiful when paired with Asian cuisine – we’d recommend it with Thai beef salad.
Allan Scott Riesling Marlborough New Zealand 2020
Allan Scott Family Winemakers produce some of the world’s finest wines. This Riesling has aromas of juicy pineapple and lime, complemented by hints of nectarine and honeysuckle. The acidity combined with the minerality makes for a crisp and refreshing wine that’s slightly off-dry in taste and very easy to drink. Try it with a strong cheese or spicy dishes.
Thorn-Clarke, Eden Valley, Single Vineyard Selection, Riesling, Australia 2019
Pour this Riesling into a glass and see its beautiful quartz-like colour with green highlights. It has aromatics of lemon and lime, contrasted with floral and spice notes. Overall it’s a stunning balanced wine which will age beautifully in the cellar.
Why buy from Fine Wines Direct UK?
At Fine Wines Direct UK we have wine for every occasion, budget, and palate. You can find everything from old world reds to new world whites, sparkling wines, and everything in between.
Our expert team has over 100 years of combined experience in the trade, so you’re in good hands with us. Whether you’re looking for a nice table wine for a weeknight dinner, or a bottle of something really special for a big occasion –we’ll help you find the perfect bottle. Over the years we’ve built a solid network of quality wine producers – and rest assured, we deal in only the best wines available.
Why not order Riesling wine straight to your doorstep with our convenient delivery service? Or swing by our shop on Penarth Road in Cardiff.
You can even join our exclusive Cellar Wine Club and get incredible wines delivered to your address – plus, enjoy savings of 15% or more on each case.
There’s no better place to buy Riesling white wine in the UK – online or in store.