Buy Cava Online
Looking for some bubbles for your next dinner party or celebration? Grab a bottle of Cava.
The sparkling wine market is unquestionably dominated by Champagne. Many people think that the other two, Cava and prosecco can be used interchangeably but there are many important differences in these wines.
95% of all production of this wine can be found in Catalonia, but there are seven other provinces in Spain where it can be produced. Many types of grapes can be used in Cava production including Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, but three native Catalan grapes are most commonly used.
These are Macabeu, Parellada, and Xarel·lo . Macabeu gives the wines fruity freshness, Parellada aroma and acidity, and Xarel·lo the structure. Cava has always been a delicious wine that pairs well with a variety of dishes, and at Fine Wines Direct UK we know it will only go from strength to strength.
Showing all 2 results
Canals Canals Classic Rose Cava, Penedes, Spain NV£11.69 Mix 12£12.99 list priceSave £1.30
Canals Canals Classic Brut Cava, Penedes, Spain£11.69 Mix 12£12.99 list priceSave £1.30
Many of the wines we sell are exclusive to us, and you won’t find them anywhere else in the UK. We work hard to build strong working relationships with producers and vineyard owners in order to offer you, the customer, the best sparkling wine on the market.
We have our own warehouse and transport fleet, meaning our costs are minimised and we can deliver to you more quickly. You can enjoy our wines in many of the country’s top restaurants, pop into the shop in Cardiff, or have your wines delivered to you directly. A bottle of bubbles is the ideal gift for someone with something to celebrate, or a delightful treat at a dinner party or other occasion. Get your next bottle from us to enjoy at your leisure.
What is Cava?
Cava is a beautiful sparkling Spanish wine, which is made in the same way as Champagne but using different grapes. It can be classified in a number of different ways. One of them is by the amount of time it has been aged, which affects the flavour profile.
- Cava: Cava that has been aged for nine months is categorised by its lightness; expect aromas of white flowers and fruits such as green apples and pears. The bubbles are very crisp and present in this category. Try these with salads and seafood.
- Cava Reserva: This wine has been aged for 18 months which adds complexity and depth. The drinker can expect aromatic richness and well-balanced between freshness and acidity. Pair it with a light, chicken based dish.
- Cava Gran Reserva: This wine has been aged for 30 months is categorised as Gran Reserva. It is characterised by its intense yellow with medium or deep gold highlights. This is an elegant and gastronomic wine that often boasts notes of coffee, pastry and smoky flavours. Try this wine with a Mexican dish such as chifles of fajitas.
- Cava de Paraje Calificado: These wines are aged for 36 months and are subject to other strict growing and winemaking requirements, including that the vines have to be 10 years old or more and the grapes have to be harvested manually. It has small, vibrant bubbles and notes of aromatic herbs and dried fruits. Try it with fish dishes such as smoked eel.
- Rose Cava: Rose is made using the same traditional method, but is made using the skins of red grapes, which is what adds the pink colour. Depending on how much it has been aged, you can choose from Cava Rosado de Guarda, Reserva or Gran Reserva. Rose Cava has typical tasting notes of forest fruits, red berries on the nose and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel.
It can also be categorised by the amount of sugar it contains. Sugar levels can be varied depending on the amount of expedition liqueur added, which is usually a mix of base wine and sugar. The driest is Brut Nature, sugar is not added and it is Cava in its purest state. On the other end of the spectrum is Cava Dulce, which is indulgent, sweet and ideal for accompanying dessert.
What Cava can I buy from Fine Wines Direct UK?
We source excellent quality wine from some of the finest producers in the world. We are constantly rotating our selection of sparkling wines, and here are a few of our top picks.
Canals Canals Classic Brut Cava, Penedes, Spain, 2018
On the palate this wine has fresh and fruity notes, a round and fine balance. The drinker will enjoy aromas of white fruit and citrus with a hint of white florals. This wine is recommended as a brilliant pairing with dishes such as salads or fish.
Canals Canals Classic Rose Cava, Penedes, Spain 2018
This wine is aged on lees for 24 months and has a fresh, floral aroma with ripened red fruits and a hint of nuttiness. Drinkers can enjoy this full-bodied, perfectly balanced wine with white meat or blue fish.
Why buy from Fine Wines Direct UK?
The team at Fine Wines Direct UK have over a century of combined experience in the wine industry, so it’s safe to say that we know what we are doing. Our experts work incredibly hard to source high quality wines suitable for every palate and wallet from around the world and onto your doorstep. We work closely with vineyard owners and seek out only the best wines from some of the most prestigious regions in the world.
As well as being able to effortlessly order online, you can also pop into our shop in Cardiff and speak to our friendly team who will be very happy to help you pick out your next bottle of sparkling wine, be that Cava, Champagne or prosecco. It can be difficult to choose when there is such an excellent, vase range to choose from. This is why we offer mixed cases where our experts curate the perfect range to suit your tastes. If you join our Cellar Wine Club you can access exclusive discounts such as savings of at least 10% on every case and early-bird offers on new wines.