Fryer's Cove Chenin Blanc, Cape West Coast, South Africa 2021

ABV 13%
France

Dry

Sweet

Light

Full Body

This Chenin Blanc is bright with acidity that supports mouthwatering flavours of lemon, nectarine and white peach. The lingering minerality provides a vibrant and satisfying finish, with subtle oak spice from maturation in large oak barrels. (30%)

£14.39 Mix 12£15.99 list priceSave £1.60

Availability: In stock

Tasting Note

This Chenin Blanc is bright with acidity that supports mouthwatering flavours of lemon, nectarine and white peach. The lingering minerality provides a vibrant and satisfying finish, with subtle oak spice from maturation in large oak barrels. (30%)

 

ORIGIN

These dryland Chenin Blanc vineyards are planted on Western slopes with deep red, decomposed granite soils facing the cold Atlantic which brings in the cooling air from the ocean and helps to maintain the vigour of our grapes. 2021 was an exceptional year for Chenin Blanc on our rugged West Coast. It was cooler than normal in the period leading up to harvest with optimal conditions for ripening and created the perfect environment for a beautiful expression of terroir.

CRAFT

Our grapes were harvested during the night and early morning to retain the purity of the grapes with the majority (62%) going into Stainless Steel tanks for freshness, while the remainder (38%) went into 3rd and 4th fill 300L French oak barrels for added complexity. The components were aged for 4 months before blending and bottling to enhance the weight and mouthfeel of the palate of this wine.

 

FOOD PAIRING SUGGESTIONS

It will pair well with shellfish and spicy Thai and Indian curries.

 

Fryer’s Cove

Fryer’s Cove is the only vineyard within the Bamboes Bay ward, which is also the smallest ward in South Africa. The vines of Fryer’s Cove dot the hillside 500 meters from where the cold ocean throws its breakers against a rocky shore.

The locals are as robust and unfettered as the landscape and it is this terroir that imbues every bottle of Fryer’s Cove wine. Fryer’s Cove wines have a distinct maritime flavour, hence our slogan ‘Forged of the earth, Tempered by the sea’.

ABV

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Fryer’s Cove Chenin Blanc, Cape West Coast, South Africa 2021”

Your email address will not be published.

Our Experts Recommend...

Scroll to Top