Situated in the very south of the Mâconnais region, the Saint-Véran vineyards form a belt around Pouilly-Fuissé. The area’s Jurassic chalk soil and the vineyard’s ideal exposure combine perfectly to produce top quality fruit. Saint-Véran ‘Les Deux Moulins’ takes its name from the two watermills that straddle La Petite Grosne river. The rain that falls on the vineyards, filters through the calcareous bedrock to help feed the river as it flows away west towards the monastic town of Cluny.
This wine has a delicate nose of fresh almond, laced with subtle notes of honeysuckle. On tasting, the wine is full of the flavours of almond and hazelnut. Beautiful freshness on the finish.
- Fermentation vessel: Stainless steel vats
- Fermentation Full: malolactic fermentation
- Maturation vessel: Stainless steel vats
- Maturation time: 8 to 10 months
- Finning/clarification: Yes – Bentonite (mineral)