Lunaka Viognier Reserva , Valle Central, Chile 2018

£8.99 Mix 12£9.99 list priceSave £1.00

The Lunaka Viognier from Central Valley Chile offers a pale straw colour with yellow, greenish nuances in the glass.

Its aroma is slightly floral with some tropical fruit alongside the classic apricot notes this variety is known for.

On the palate tropical fruits continue contained within a big nicely textured body, all completed with a present acidity and a touch of charming bitter that makes this wine juicy, fresh and long.

Availability: In stock

Tasting Notes:

The Lunaka Viognier from Central Valley Chile offers a pale straw colour with yellow, greenish nuances in the glass.

Its aroma is slightly floral with some tropical fruit alongside the classic apricot notes this variety is known for.

On the palate tropical fruits continue contained within a big nicely textured body, all completed with a present acidity and a touch of charming bitter that makes this wine juicy, fresh and long.

 

Background

The Lunaka Viognier from Central Valley Chile sources 80% of its grapes from the Colchagua Valley. A warm valley with Deep alluvial soils composed of clay and sand. This allows full ripening. The remaining 20% in the blend comes from cooler areas of Curicó Valley, which gives the wine a nice acidity.

 

The grapes were whole bunch pressed, to minimise phenolic extract. Fermentation was in stainless steel tanks, and the temperature carefully controlled (10°-12°C). After alcoholic fermentation, the wine was left without sulphur on lees for 8 weeks, allowing for a very interesting yeast autolysis character to develop. The lees were stirred once a week. Modern winemaking techniques used, excluding air during all the winemaking process, thus ensuring the maximum expression of the primary fruit flavours and aromas

 

Food Matching

An excellent food match with mild. Creamy curries or a tagine with apricot.

Weight 1 kg
Colour

Type

Profile

Country

Grapes

ABV

Closure

Country of manufacture

CL

Bottle size

Scroll to Top